Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Video | Hinkley Point C construction animation

EDF has released a video of a 3D model of Hinkley Point C, showing the different stages of construction.

Source: EDF Energy

Hinkley Point C – 3D model showing the different stages of construction.

The video comes as EDF and China General Nuclear Corporation (CGN) sign a deal which signals the green light for the Somerset mega-scheme. Under its terms, EDF will take a 66.5% stake in Hinkley Point C, with CGN taking the remaining 33.5%.

The Bouygues and Laing O’Rourke JV has also agreed final terms for its Hinkley civils contract. The Kier Bam joint venture to provide the enabling works for Hinkley Point C has also finalised its £203M contract with EDF.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Please note comments made online may also be published in the print edition of New Civil Engineer. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.