A contractor is sought for up to £900M of extensions to the West Midlands tram system over the next decade.
Midland Metro owner Centro asked for expressions of interest in the contractor role within an alliance that will deliver planned additions to the network.
It said works could include:
- Centenary Square Extension (Pinfold Street to Centenary Square)
- Wolverhampton City Centre Extension (Pipers Row to Railway Station)
- Birmingham Eastside Extension (to link with HS2 station at Curzon Street, extending further to Adderley Street)
- Edgbaston Extension (Centenary Square to Edgbaston)
- Further additions submitted in the HS2 growth strategy
Centro proposes to let an alliance contract with a single contractor and designer for a period of 10 years for the extensions work.
Contractors have until 10 August to express interest in the work.