London Underground has chosen 17 contractors to share £250M of power systems upgrade work.
The body is modernising high voltage electrical systems across the Tube network over the next eight years.
It has selected suppliers including Balfour Beatty Engineering Services and Clancy Docwra across two frameworks that will deliver the work.
London Underground director of major programmes sponsorship David Hughes said: “We’ve embarked on the biggest programme of Tube modernisation ever seen.
“To do that we need to work with suppliers who can bring experience and flexibility to the task in hand, and who understand our vision to improve services for customers while providing a reliable service with as little disruption as possible.”
The 17 companies selected are:
- Alstom Transport UK
- Balfour Beatty Engineering Services
- C Spencer
- Clancy Docwra
- Data Techniques
- Giffen Group
- High Voltage Maintenance Services
- Industrial Switchgear Services
- J Murphy & Sons
- MJ Quinn Integrated Services
- McNicholas Construction Services
- TXM Group (Ombros Integrated Services)
- UK Power Networks Services (Commercial)
- URS Infrastructure & Environment UK
- Vital Human Resources Limited & Electren UK