Association of London Graduates and Students honorary treasurer Alice Turner chaired the half day workshop and picked out her top 10 tips for tackling the Chartered Professional Review.
1.The CPR is a review of what you have become and not what you have done.
2.There is no set pass or failure rate - the reviewers would like to see 100% of candidates passing
3.Check that your experience and submission meets the ICE's required standard - are you really ready to take the review?
4.Target every part of your submission towards proving you are an MICE.
5 Allow plenty of time to fill in and post your application form.
6. Check and double check spelling and grammar before submitting your reports.
7. Ensure you have read a copy of ICE 101 - the booklet tells you exactly what you should have done.
8. Be prepared to talk about any aspect of your experience - if you do not want to talk about it do
not include it.
9. You must know the basics - design principles, what is a contract, who is the ICE President.
10. The reviewers are trying to find out what you know, not what you do not.