Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Tax haven


My tax code for 2001/2002 landed on the doormat today.

Readers may be interested to note the following information which I read in an accompanying leaflet entitled 'Professional subscriptions', ie ICE membership fees, qualify for a tax allowance. I checked with the Inland Revenue and all you need to do is write to your local tax office, who will backdate the allowance for up to six years!

Greg Riddle.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Please note comments made online may also be published in the print edition of New Civil Engineer. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.