Structural engineer Toby Savage Design this month unveiled its large steel sculpture Kyneburgh Tower in Gloucester, a complex steel structure featuring 60 horizontal irregular hoop elements.
The tower is the centrepiece of the regeneration of Kimbrose Square, a transformed area of new public space in Gloucester, and uses an open-slatted structure to create a moiré effect. The horizontal steel elements are spaced and supported by three pairs of vertical leg elements.
- Hover over the images above for move information.
- Tower Weight Approximately 18t
- Tower Surface Area Approximately 300m²
- Tower Height 16.2m
- Artist Tom Price
- Structural engineer Toby Savage Design
- Fabricator Sheetfabs (Nottingham)
- Foundation designer and contractor FLI Structures