Shares in consultant Scott Wilson rose sharply this morning on the back of a confident trading statement, which shows strong international growth.
Covering the three months from 15 December to date, the Scott Wilson board expected to meet or exceed current expectations.
International wins have generated the company some £30M in fees, but the market conditions at home remain: “variable and uncertain”. Nevertheless, they have retained frameworks with: “Defence Estates, Scottish Water, Northern Ireland Roads Service, Transport Scotland, Carbon Trust and the Ireland Prison Service.”
Despite this, “In the UK the outlook is much less clear and likely to remain so until well after the general election and the identification by a new government of its priorities for the next five years.
“However, we remain confident that with the balance of overseas work and a high proportion of long term frameworks, coupled with our ability to continue to review our resources and react accordingly, we are well placed to cope with changing market conditions,” read the statement.
The company also says there will be continued “strong growth” in China, India and Eastern Europe and in the power and mining sectors.
Shares in Scott Wilson rose some 8% in early trading.
Scott Wilson recent wins:
- Saudi Arabia Makkah to Medina High Speed Railway
- Poland and Italy Major Highways
- India Sewerage Scheme in Bhubaneswar
- China Sichuan Post Quake Reconstruction
- Sri Lanka Highways
- Abu Dhabi Water Transport Study
- Tanzania Mining IPO
- Denmark Railways Signalling Strategy
- Zambia Hydropower Stations
- Thailand Laem Chabang Container Terminal
- Australia Pilbara Trackbed Investigation