COUNCIL APPROVED a Professional Review appeals procedure at its last meeting to apply to any part of the exam. Grounds for appeal will include errors by ICE in the Review procedure, lack of appropriate matching of reviewer to candidate, inappropriate essay questions, inappropriate conduct of the interview, or personal problems experienced by the candidate.
The procedure will be:
1. Letter of complaint sent to the Reviews office.
2. Complaint to be investigated by ICE director of membership and human resources with the relevant reviewers and with the regional liaison officer who will consult sponsors and employers of candidate.
3. The RLO prepares a submission to the Appeals Panel.
4. Complaint considered by Appeals Panel which will include the immediate past president or chairman of the training and professional reviews panel, and two senior reviewers not involved in the appealed reviews.
5.Candidate will be advised that a. the result stands, b. he/she may resit the review without paying a fee, c. the review decision is reversed and the candidate has passed.
6. The candidate will have to lodge a deposit towards the cost the review, returnable in cases b and c above.
7. Appeals must be lodged within six months of the interview.