Amey’s CEFA project provides integration between civil asset examinations and assessments that were traditionally let as seperate contracts.
Civils Examination Framework Agreement (CEFA)
Consultant - asset management: examinations, assessments, and inspections
- Structural examinations - bridges, tunnels, viaducts, sea defences, retaining walls, culverts
- Generic examinations of ancillary structures - OLE gantries, CCTV masts, signal gantries, equipment support structures
- Structural assessments - bridges, train shed roofs, depot structures, station canopies
- Operational property inspections - stations, train maintenance depots, line -side buildings, critical assets such as signal boxes, REB, relay rooms
- Earthworks examinations - soil and rock slopes
- Rapid response - bridge strikes, embankment slippage, structural defects
The new CEFA contracts integrate the provision of civil asset examinations and assessments that were traditionally let as separate contracts. Network Rail previously had approximately 20 different contracts in place, with around 14 different suppliers undertaking civil examinations, structural and building assessments and earthworks.
The new contracts were let over five different geographical areas covering England, Scotland, and Wales; with Amey winning all five territories. Amey’s win reflects the significant efficiencies that are achievable through combining asset groups and geographical areas.
5 (+2) years.
Contract start date: 1 April 2009
Contract end date: 31 March 2014
Approximately £195M to £235M over 5 years