The chosen team will create the physical framework for new homes, parkland, schools, health facilities, infrastructure and work space in the Lower Lea Valley across the Park's 202ha - the largest regeneration opportunity in inner London.
The shortlist is:
- A consortium led by EDAW with Allies + Morrison, McDowell + Benedetti, Caruso St John, Haworth Tompkins, Maccreanor Lavington, Panter Hudspith, S333, Vogt, Camlin Lonsdale, Buro Happold, Faber Maunsell, Beyond Green, JMP, PMP, Vision XS, Nick Ritblat.
- A consortium led by Arup with Fletcher Priest Architects, West 8, RPS, Leaside Regeneration, Dialogue.
- A consortium led by Urban Practitioners with Maxwan, URS Townshend, L+R consulting.
- Kees Christiaanse Architects and Planners.
- Office for Metropolitan Architecture.
- Witherford Watson Mann.LDA chief executive Manny Lewis said: "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform east London and the quality of design is crucial to creating thriving and sustainable communities.
"By working closely with the ODA, the local boroughs and our partners we will ensure the designs complement plans to retain sporting venues and the wider regeneration of the Lower Lea Valley."
The candidates now have six weeks to set out their approach to the project.