Energy minister Charles Hendry today unveiled the line-up of the industry-led Offshore Wind Cost Reduction Task Force.
Industry body Renewable UK chief Andrew Jamieson will chair the task force, which will set out a path to reduce the costs of offshore wind to £100/MWh by 2020.
The task force will report to the Department of Energy and Climate Change (Decc) and the UK’s devolved administrations by Spring 2012.
Task force members:
- Thomas Arensbach - Gamesa offshore markets & project development director
- Steve Burgin - Alstom President
- David Clarke - Energy Technologies Institute chief executive officer
- Ron Cookson - Technip senior vice president
- Tom Delay - Carbon Trust chief executive officer
- Christoph Ehlers - Siemens Wind UK managing director
- Andrew Garrad - GL Garrad Hassan chairman and chief executive officer
- Chris Hill - mainstream renewable power
- General Manager SMart Wind
- Chris Jones - Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) networks technical director
- Flemming Ougaard - Vestas Offshore chief operating officer & senior vice president
- Christian Skakkebaek - Dong energy UK country manager and senior vice president
- Mike Straughen - Wood Group director
- Michelle Davies - Eversheds partner & head of clean energy and sustainability
- Alan Thompson - Centrica renewable energy director
- Ed Wilson - Lloyds Banking Corporate Markets head of renewable energy