The two remaining consortia hoping to build the second phase of the Nottingham Express Transit (NET Phase Two) will submit bids in May.
According to NCE’s sister publication Infrastructure Journal, consultant Mott MacDonald is producing a verified and validated design for the two teams, which are as follows:
- Alstom - rolling stock provider
- Trent Barton (local transport firm) - O&M
- Keolis (international transport firm) - O&M
Arrow Consortium (incumbent team)
- Bombardier - rolling stock provider
- Nottingham City Transport (local transport firm) - O&M
- Transdev (international transport firm) - O&M
The bidders are now looking for funding from their respective banks, but a final decision on is expected in May - before a general election.
PFI credits are capped at £530.7M, with the city council contributing some £149.5M.
Once completed, with winning bidder will procure the design, construction, financing and commissioning of two further lines, together with the operation and maintenance of the entire extended network over 23-years.