A new framework has been launched by the ICE as a guide for those working in a client role.
The Intelligent Client Capability Framework, produced by the ICE’s Capacity Building Panel, is a self-assessment tool aimed at helping users identify key behaviours and capabilities that, if improved, could aid the successful delivery of major projects or programmes.
It draws on learning from industry, and directs users to consider the issues and opportunities associated with good client procedure.
It focuses on seven key areas:
- how to adequately test the business case
- providing continuity of investment
- accurately translating and communicating high-level requirements to key stakeholders
- ensuring maximum value is derived from all relationships
- supporting relationships with responsible and effective governance arrangements and appropriate interface management
- articulating the nature and shape of the organisation required to deliver the project.
The framework builds on the ICE’s previously published Competency Framework. It can be downloaded free of charge at www.ice.org.uk/intelligent-client