Is yours a truly outstanding civil engineering practice? Enter New Civil Engineer’s brand new NCE 100 and find out! Entries are now open
For the last 10 years, New Civil Engineer has teamed up with the Association for Consultancy and Engineering to hold the Consultants of Year Awards. Built on data supplied for the NCE Consultants File, the awards sought to recognise engineering consultancies which demonstrated the best growth and performance within the past 12 months.
However we feel that it is time for change. We feel the File and the awards no longer fairly represent the breadth and depth of engineering business excellence out there.
The NCE 100 is a totally new and exciting approach to finding, assessing, recognising and then showcasing these inspirational civil engineering practices operating in the global market today.
We want to seek out and reward the firms that truly seeking to deliver for clients and society at large by pushing boundaries in the areas that truly matter.
- Which firms are at the cutting edge of technical excellence and are embracing future technologies?
- Which firms are sharing best practice globally?
- Which firms are leading the way in talent development?
- And which firms are driving the equality agenda to make civil engineering a truly great place to work?
Support from UK clients
The NCE 100 has the support of the UK’s major infrastructure clients. High Speed 2 chief executive Simon Kirby, Crossrail chairman Terry Morgan and Crossrail 2 chief executive Michele Dix are just three of the leading clients represented on our 30-strong judging panel.
“The NCE100 is a totally new and exciting approach to finding, assessing, recognising and then showcasing these inspirational civil engineering practices operating in the global market today. We at Heathrow are passionate about driving best practice in project delivery and through these awards we look forward to identifying some outstanding companies operating in our sector today,” says Phil Wilbraham, development director, Heathrow Airport and NCE 100 judge.
What will the NCE100 reveal?
- The top 100 civil engineering firms and where they sit in our exclusive rankings
- The firms that are leading the way in each of the New Civil Engineer’s five core competencies with awards in 10 categories
- The firms that are doing most to satisfy their clients and work collaboratively with their partners through three more awards for overarching corporate excellence.
How will you be assessed?
- Tell us about your firm and its culture by completing our employer survey
- Encourage your employees to tell us what it means to work for you by inviting them to complete our employee survey
- Your answers and those of your employees will be scored and weighted by an independent third party and used to create shortlists for 10 of our award categories and also to build our NCE 100.
- Shortlisted firms will be invited to present to our judging jury of industry experts. Our top 20 will present to our client super jury who will order our top 20.
- The industry will gather on 11 May 2016 at The Grosvenor House Hotel for the big reveal. Who is the NCE 100 Company of the Year?
It’s time for you to start the survey. Tell us why you’re the best employer, the best provider of civil engineering services and quite simply why you’re the NCE100 Company of the Year!