We are pleased to announce the foundation of the Global Infrastructure Anti-Corruption Centre (“GIACC”).
GIACC is an independent organisation which provides resources and services for the purpose of preventing and dealing with corruption in the infrastructure, construction and engineering sectors. These resources and services are provided for the assistance of all stakeholders in these sectors including governments, project owners, funders, contractors, consulting engineering firms and suppliers of equipment, materials and services.
- The Resource Centre: This is a web-resource which provides free access to information, advice and tools designed to help stakeholders understand, prevent and identify corruption. Access is provided to resources developed by GIACC and by other organisations.
- Anti-Corruption Services: GIACC provides the following services:
- Advice to stakeholders on the design and implementation of government, corporate and project anti-corruption measures.
- Independent assessment of the adequacy of government, corporate and project anti-corruption measures and, where appropriate, independent certification of such measures.
- Training workshops on the nature, extent, consequences and risks of corruption, and on the prevention of corruption.
- Advice to stakeholders on corruption-related issues.
- Co-operation with stakeholders worldwide to promote the adoption of anti-corruption strategies and tools.
To learn more about GIACC, and to access the GIACC Resource Centre, please visit www.giaccentre.org