Last month saw the best companies and individuals in the consultancy sector recognised in the 2014 NCE/ACE Consultants of the Year awards.
At last month’s Consultant of the Year ceremony, eight awards were handed out to the companies and individuals that demonstrated the best in business, sustainability, and outstanding achievement over the past year. They represent a cross section of firms working in the UK, from those with just 40 employees to global giants.
The winners were:
- Global Consultant of the Year: Mott MacDonald
- UK Major Consultant of the Year: Atkins
- UK Consultant of the Year with between 250 and 2,500 employees: Peter Brett Associates
- Consultant of the Year with fewer than 250 employees: BCS Design
- Specialist Consultant of the Year: Ardent
- Sustainability Champion: Mei Ren, Buro Happold
- Young Consultant of the Year: Gavin White, Ramboll
- Outstanding Achievement: Rhead Group
After the awards were handed out, NCE spoke to the winning firms to get an insight into what has made them successful, and how they intend to maintain that success.
The answers reveal many of the issues facing today’s consultancy organisations, including what it takes to be a big player in an increasingly global world, how to maintain quality as your business grows, and when it is worth taking a risk to help out an important client.