Alan Wright,head of engineering services team, Bidwells
1 Alan Wright heads up Bidwells’ first ever engineering team, offering civil, structural and transportation services to clients. The company intends to expand the team, adding infrastructure and environmental services to its portfolio.
2 Bidwells, has been recognised as one of the nation's top 100 employers in the 2007 Sunday Times’ ‘Best Companies to Work For’.
3 He set up Wright Consulting Engineers (WCE) in 1996, working on historical buildings like Wimpole Hall and Belton Hall for the National Trust and a selection of churches for the Churches Conservation Trust.
4 Wright believes that “engineers need to be seen not just as problem solvers but part of the whole development process... to maximise both financial and environmental benefits to clients.”
5 Bidwells is a multidisciplinary property consultancy with nearly 500 partners and staff situated in offices throughout the Eastern Region and Scotland too.
6 Bidwells is a partnership run on a corporate basis. It has residential, commercial, land and business (rural property consultancy), planning and development divisions – as well as building consultancy.structural and transportation services to clients. The company intends to expand the team, adding infrastructure and environmental services to its portfolio.
- Tracey Barlow has joined the Highways Agency as a non-executive director. She was previously responsible for delivering Scotland’s £2.3bn water and waste water spending programme.
- Alan Saffer has joined Halcrow as its new group board finance director. A qualified accountant, Saffer was group finance director for UK quoted company Glotel, a global staffing company in the telecommunications and technology sector.
- Chris Southwell has been appointed Technical Director of the UK bitumen industry’s trade body, the Refined Bitumen Association (RBA), following the retirement of Dr Tony Harrison at the end of June. Southwell joins the RBA from bitumen specialist Nynas.
- Benaim has appointed Mark Raiss as chairman and Simon Bourne as managing director.
- Civil Engineer Jim Townend has joined Galliford Try Rail, as contracts manager responsible for developing its rail business in Scotland. An early challenge for Jim is the delivery of a significant programme of work including building refurbishment and platform upgrades.
- Environmental consultant - EnviroCentre has appointed Derek Cochrane as principal consultant. He is a former regeneration director with British Waterways and will be responsible for driving forward the company’s portfolio in England and Wales.
- Doug King, Founder of consultant King Shaw Associates has been appointed visiting professor of environmental design at Bath University. He will lecture, tutor and be involved in the creation of a new post-graduate Msc in environmental design.