Oliver Plunkett, BDP
1 BDP's profession director Oliver Plunkett has moved from BDP's London office to Dublin to lead the structures team.
2 Plunkett, who joined BDP in 2003, is widely regarded as a rising star within the industry and has earned a reputation for his innovative approach to design.
3 He has worked on many award winning projects including Marlowe Academy in Kent, which won the 2007 RIBA Sorrell Foundation Schools Award, for the best designed school in the UK, and the structural category of the Wood Awards. The key piece of engineering that enabled this design was the doubly curved timber grid shell roof that unites all the internal spaces.
4 Other projects include Bridge Academy in London, the refurbishment of the Grade II listed Leeds Grand Theatre and the multi-award winning Royal Alexandra Children's hospital in Brighton.
5 Most recently, he has led the structural design of the new British Embassy in Harare, Zimbabwe, overcoming the tough challenges in construction associated with the country's ongoing economic situation.
6 He is passionate about interdisciplinary design.
- Hilson Moran has appointed Richard Thiemann to lead a new structures team. He joins from Halcrow Yolles and Yolles Partnership. He has worked at an international level with blue-chip clients and alongside leading architectural practices including Pelli Clarke Pelli.
- Gas and Electricity Markets Authority have announced key appointments. Sir John Mogg has been appointed to serve a second five year term as non executive Chairman from October 2008. Andrew Wright, Ofgem managing director of Markets, joins the Authority as an executive member and Judith Hanratty has been reappointed as a non-executive.
- Baggaley has appointed Simon Bates as new head of business development. He will be responsible for the development of the company's business development strategy. He will also oversee the planning and implementation of the strategy.
- Andrew Ingleton, formerly Group Property Director at Queens Moat Houses, has joined Davis Langdons' project management team as partner. He will work within the hotels sector. Based in London, he will lead the project management sector for the UK, Europe and Middle East.
- Chester & District Housing Trust has appointed Cllr Rob Thompson as the new chair, with resident Martin Ford as new deputy chair and Kate Reeves as new independent board member. Cllr Thompson, Lib Dem Cllr for Hoole All Saints Ward in Chester, first joined the Board in 2003 as Deputy Chair.
- Chris Usher (M) has joined Project Management Support Services' new Caerphilly office as Director of Civil & Structural Engineering. He has three years experience in contracting and 21 years experience in consulting, most recent as Director of Structural Engineering with C D Gray & Associates.