1 Jason Griffiths has been an integral part of a construction team delivering highly complex airport projects for the past 9 years in a framework arrangement between Taylor Woodrow and BAA.
2 He is a production director for Taylor Woodrow's air sector and has recently re-joined the organisation after a 12-month secondment to BAA.
3 At BAA he set up a £175M major programme of work
at Heathrow's Terminal 4, comprising new build and refurbishment work within the live Terminal.
4 Jason won a silver medal in the major project category of the CIOB Construction Manager of the Year Awards 2006.
5 He believes the secret of his success is having a can do/will do attitude, lots of energy and great team work.
6 To relax, Jason enjoys spending time with his family, gardening and swimming, as well as DIY and home improvements.
Ramboll Whitbybird has appointed Phil Baker as director of its building services group. He joins after three years at WSP Buildings where he
led a mechanical and electrical group based in Bristol.
- RPS Group has appointed Stuart Dent as head of its planning and development division. His new role is intended to further strengthen RPS's property development and urban regeneration operation. Dent has over 15 years of experience in design and project management, and has worked in the public and private sectors delivering major projects within the estate development and maritime industries.
- MWH has appointed Chris Barker to the newly-created role of business area manager for environmental regulation for the UK. Barker is based in MWH's Bradford office and joins from Yorkshire Water, where he worked for six years, after five years with the Environment Agency.
- Truss manufacturer Buckhaven has appointed Brian Welsh as managing director of its its Donaldson Timber Engineering business. He is succeeded as general manager of Donaldson's Buckhaven site by Michael Donaldson.
- Sinclair Knight Merz has appointed Nick Fleming as chief sustainability officer. His role is to spearhead a united front on sustainability, and to embed required skills across the firm through a learning and development framework.
- Mark Parkin has joined environmental consultancy SLR Consulting and will work as a principal in the landfill team. He has 23 years experience and has a BSc and MSc in environmental geology. Parkin is also chairman of the North West regional group of the Geological Society.