1. Jason Jones is the new operational director at Grontmij.
2. He has worked at Grontmij for six years as divisonal director, heading up water consultancy and water environment services across the UK and Ireland.
3. He is responsible for increasing the range of services and volume of work in these areas as well as ensuring high quality business focussed delivery of existing projects.
4. Following Grontmij's acquisition of landscape architects Whitelaw Turkington last month, Jones will be integrating synergies across the two businesses to provide clients with a rounded coherent service.
5. He holds a first class honours degree in Civil Engineering from The University of Aston and is a Chartered Civil Engineer and Chartered Environmentalist.
6. From May he will be chairman of the Tyne and Humber Branch of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management.
- URS has appointed Colin Bird as its new director of engineering. He joined in 2000 to head the company's south west and South Wales engineering services division. He will lead a team of 140 consultants based throughout the UK.
- Composite has appointed three new senior managers. Kevin Clarke becomes construction director; Richard Jones becomes commercial director; and Jeff Stewart becomes technical director.
- Morgan Est has appointed Iain Sutherland as water director of the infrastructure division. He has 10 years management experience in civil engineering, as well as managing and leading large framework contracts. He will be responsible for leading the company's civil engineering and process related activity in the water sector including existing contracts with Severn Trent Water, Welsh Water, Thames Water, Yorkshire Water and Scottish Water.
- David Close has joined Anthony Bates Partnership as a partner. Close joins from Jacobs UK where he was a technical director. His responsibilities will include the management of port and coastal projects in the UK and internationally.
- Halcrow Yolles has appointed Dr Cullan Riley as development director for land development and regeneration. Previously, Cullan worked as part of Halcrow's consulting business group, where he was regional director for transport planning in the Midlands. He brings over 18 years' industry experience to the post, having worked on major projects such as Longbridge Regeneration Project, the redevelopment of London's Millennium Dome, Swindon Expansion Area and the redevelopment of RAF Quedgeley in Gloucestershire. He has also worked as an expert witness for a number of large scale mixed use developments.