Eighty eight per cent of RMT members working on Carillion projects have not been contacted by the liquidator, according to a survey carried out by the union.
Carillion went into compulsory liquidation last week, following three profit warnings and an almost 90% drop in its share price. The firm, which held 450 government contracts, employed around 43,000 globally and around 19,50 in the UK.
The trade union claimed 88% of respondents had not been contacted by the liquidator, and of the 12% which had, 30% were not satisfied with the information they had received.
The RMT declined to say exactly how many people had completed the survey, but said approximately a third of around 500 people had filled in the questionnaire.
The survey was conducted electronically on Friday last week.
The survey also claims that 70% of respondents were unsatisfied with the information they had received from Carillion and that a further 8% had not had any information at all.
It says that only 16% had been contacted by the company they were working on behalf of and only 6% believed the government had handled the crisis well.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “The survey of our members shows that the collapse of privateers Carillion, and the ensuing chaos for the workforce, is further proof that the essential services that the company was responsible for should be in public hands.
“Our members and all Carillion workers need immediate guarantees from the government that their employment is ongoing and secure.”
Liquidator PWC declined to comment, referring to the government run Insolvency Service which has been contacted for a response.