British and international projects are lining up for the biggest tunnelling event of the year. NCE sets the scene for the 1 December extravaganza in Hong Kong.
Tables are being snapped up quickly for NCE’s International Tunnelling Awards 2011 - the biggest event in this year’s tunnelling calendar.
Taking place at the stunning Conrad Hilton Hotel in Hong Kong on Thursday 1 December, the evening promises to be an unparalleled networking opportunity with the elite of the tunnelling world in attendance.
With an impressive shortlist, the level of expertise in the room makes this a learning experience not to be missed.
You can also reward your hard working team, acknowledging their dedication at the industry’s most influential ceremony followed by a fabulous after show party overlooking Hong Kong.
More than 70 entries were received this year, almost double those for 2010’s inaugural event.
“A surprisingly large number of technically and geographically diverse projects has made the selection process difficult,” says awards judge and L2 Advisors president Rick Lovat.
Other judges are International Tunnelling Association president In Mo Lee, Tongji University vice president Bai Yun, Laing O’Rourke Construction Hong Kong chairman Douglas Oakervee, Shinichi Akutagawa from Kobe University, Gotthard Base Tunnel chief construction officer Heinz Ehrbar, Simon Knight of the Australasian Tunnelling Society, Hong Kong transport authority MTR chief civil construction engineer Alan Myers, International Tunnelling Association executive director Olivier Vion and Halcrow global tunnelling director Martin Knights.
Chaired by NCE editor Antony Oliver, the judges were tasked with a challenging feat analysing and deciding upon the shortlist, which will make for a very exciting awards night.
● Secure your place now at www.tunnellingawards.com
Tunnel Design Firm of the Year
- Halcrow Group
- Mott MacDonald
Tunnelling Contractor of the Year
- Ingenieros Civiles Asociados
- Jay Dee Coluccio Taisei & Jay Dee Coluccio joint ventures
- Strukton Afzinktechnieken
- Vinci Construction Grands Projets UK
Tunnel Advisor of the Year
- Geo-Design Consulting Engineers
- Halcrow Group
- Juan Jacobo Schmitter, Ingenieros Civiles Asociados
Programme Manager of the Year
- Anil Kumar Banka, Gati Infrastructure
- Hatch Mott MacDonald
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
Technical Innovation of the Year
- Arup, REHAU & Züblin - Tunnel Energy System for
- Atlas Copco Rock Drills Boomer XE4 C
- Sacramento County Regional Sanitation District/Hatch Mott MacDonald/URS
- Intergrated Corrosion Protection Liner on Upper Northwest Interceptor, Sacramento,
- Metrostav Low Temperature Grouting on the Hedinsfjardargong Project, Iceland
- Obayashi Corporation Ultra Rapid Under-Pass Method
- Strukton Afzinktechnieken Revolutionair Immersion Methode
Tunnelling Project of the Year (< $100m)
- 4Delivery/Southern Water Cleaner Seas for Sussex Scheme
- Gall Zeidler Consultants - Dulles Corridor Metrorail
- Project - Extension of Silver Line Metro to Dulles International Airport
- Rijekaprojekt Pecine Tunnel in Rijeka, Croatia
- SA Water Corporation and AdelaideAqua - D&C Consortium Adelaide Desalination Project
- Taylor Woodrow/Bam Nuttall joint venture - Tottenham Court Road Station Upgrade for London Underground
- Züblin Australia Southern Seawater Desalination Plant - Microtunnelling and Supply of Jacking Pipe
Tunnelling Project of the Year ($100m-$1bn)
- Arup/DSD/DNJV Hong Kong West Drainage Tunnel
- Ingenieros Civiles Asociados Metro Line 12, Mexico City
- Jay Dee Coluccio Taisei & Jay Dee Coluccio joint ventures Brightwater West and BT3C Projects
- Parsons Brinckerhoff East Side Combined Sewer Overflow Tunnel Project, Willamette River CSO Tunnel Program
- Ssangyong Engineering & Construction Contract 921 - Design & Construction of Stations and Tunnels at Rochor and L ittle India for Downtown Line Stage 2
- TT2 New Tyne Crossing
- Vinci Construction Grands Projets UK Hallandsås Project - East Tunnel, Sweden
Major Tunnelling Project
of the Year (over $1bn)
- Bamtonnelstroy, Russian Railways, n Stroy-Trest, Lenmetrogiprotrans Combined traffic and rail road from Adler to Alpika-Servis alpine resort
- Shanghai Changjiang Tunnel & Bridge Development Shanghai Changjiang Tunnel Project
- Vinci Construction Grands Projets UK Liefkenshoek Rail Link Project - Anterwerpen, Belgium Environmental Initiative of the Year
- The Chacayes Run of River Hydroelectric Project, Chile
- TT2 New Tyne Crossing Environmental Agenda
- Vinci Construction Grands Projets UK - Hallandsås Project - East Tunnel, Sweden
Safety Initiative of the Year
- Forum8 & BMIA - G’VAL
- John Holland - Evolution Behavioural Safety Programme
- Kapsch TrafficCom - AlVis - Alarm Visualisation
- Skanska/Balfour Beatty joint venture - Zero Harm - M25 A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel Refurbishment Project
Tunnel Skills Forum - Tunnel Locomotive Driver Certification Scheme
Young Tunneller of the Year
- Mario Arturo Aguilar Tellez Ingenieros Civiles Asociados
- Alvin Chan Dragages Nishimatsu joint ventures
- Ruby Chan Sin Ping Smec Asia
- Cameron Chin Ka Wai
- Dragages Hong Kong
- Lázaro Romero Zamora
- Ingenieros Civiles Asociados
- Simon Stephenson Mott MacDonald