A new and varied suite of training courses on ground engineering, Eurocodes, project cost management and understanding construction contracts has been launched by Thomas Telford Training (TTT) − the commercial training arm of the ICE.
Two of the new courses are designed especially for graduates to equip them with the tools and understanding they will need to manage project costs and help them gain a commercial understanding of construction contracts and how they operate in practice.
The other four new courses are aimed at engineers of all levels who want to build their CPD hours whilst sharpening their skills on ground engineering practices and preparing themselves for Eurocodes − the new structural design codes coming into effect in the UK in 2010. TTT head Mike Cookson said: “These six new courses provide essential practical guidance for engineers at all levels and on a range of key construction areas.
They also provide a great opportunity for engineers to address their CPD requirements.” The six new courses will run from September 2009 to April 2010 and are held in a number of locations (see box).
- More information and details on how to book these courses can be found at www.tttrain.co.uk
- Ground Engineering − Getting it Right − Ground Investigation A one day course to help engineers gain the confidence to scope and specify the right ground investigation for a project
- Eurocodes − Design of Liquid Retaining Structures to Eurocode 2 A one day course that will enable engineers to prepare tank design that will satisfy the requirements of EC2 and CIRIA C660
- Cost Management − Estimating, Budgeting and Value A one day course that will equip engineers with the tools and understanding to manage costs within a project’s commercial framework
- Ground Engineering − Getting it Right − Geotechnical Data for Design A one day course that will help engineers ensure they get the right geotechnical data for a design
- Graduate Training − Principles of Construction Contracts A two day course that will help engineers gain a commercial understanding of construction contracts, the law that underpins them and how they operate in practice
- Ground Engineering − Earthworks − Theory and Practice A two day course to help engineers gain a comprehensive understanding of how to design and deliver earthworks project