A number of bridges have been damaged – or worse – by Storm Desmond.
Cumbria Police issued a warning not to attempt to use any bridge still underwater after rain lashed the county over the weekend.
It released the below list on Sunday night of crossings affected by the storm:
- B5295 bridge at Braithwaite - washed away.
- Fitz Footbridge, Keswick - washed away.
- Pooley Bridge - washed away
- Miler bridge, Kendal – damaged
- Greta Bridge B5289 – damaged
- Hawes Bridge, Natland - damaged
- Clappersgate, Brathay - closed
- Gowan bridge, Stavely – damaged
- Bridge over River Eden in Appleb - report that a section has collapsed
- Botcherby Bridge, Warwick Road, Carlisle - inspection due shortly
- Langwathby Bridge - inspection required before opening
- Scroggs Bridge (North of Staveley over R. Kent) – closed
- Gote Bridge, Cockermouth - road closure at this location, inspection required
- Jubilee Footbridge, Appleby - reports of very high water level potentially impacting on bridge
On Monday, Eden Bridge on the old A66 close to Temple Sowerby was closed due to structural damage.
Meanwhile Cumbria Council published a list of roads closed by the floods.