The ICE is calling for nominations for its annual awards, which recognise outstanding civil engineering achievements and contributions to the profession and the Institution. Individual and project based submissions are invited and there are six categories.
- Gold Medal is the Institution’s premier award for civil engineering excellence. It is given to an individual whose sustained contribution to civil engineering over many years is of particular magnitude and stature. Gold Medals are awarded to individuals who are in the course of, or have just completed, their active careers.
- International Medal is awarded annually to a civil engineer who has prime responsibility for an outstanding contribution to civil engineering outside the United Kingdom or to an engineer who is not a citizen of the United Kingdom but who has made an outstanding contribution to civil engineering inside the United Kingdom.
- Garth Watson Medal is awarded for dedicated and valuable service to the Institution by an ICE member or ICE member of staff.
- Warren Medal is awarded to an ICE member in recognition of valuable service rendered to his or her region or branch.
Project based Awards
- The Edmund Hambly Medal is for an engineering project that makes a contribution to the wellbeing of mankind and the environment. “Sustainable development” means projects which meet the current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. The project should demonstrate an understanding of the implications of the infrastructure’s impact upon the environment.
- The Brunel Medal is awarded to recognise excellence in civil engineering. All teams, persons or organisations operating within the built environment are eligible.
The closing date for submissions is 5.30pm, Friday 11 April,. Winners are selected by the ICE awards committee in May and officially announced at the ICE Annual Awards Ceremony on Friday 17 October.
- For more information: www.ice.org.uk/scholarship-and-awards/prizes-that-promote-the-institution-and-the-civil-engineering-profession or contact Gloria.firstname.lastname@example.org