With the UK government now recognising the value of infrastructure investment, NCE offers an industry outlook for home and abroad.
NCE’s annual look at the year ahead provides an overview of what is to come, with in depth analysis of the key sectors, including roads, rail, highways maintenance, Crossrail, renewable energy, water, defence and canals. We also take a special look at what 2012 holds for low carbon design, Builiding Information Modelling and energy efficiency.
Selected highlights from the report can be read online:
- Overview: Keeping the economy moving
- Planning: Making the complexities simple
- Industry survey: Some cause for optimism
- Graduate recruitment: Graduate jobs growing again
- Crossrail: Bring on the tunnelling machines
- Rail: Thinking along the right lines
- Roads: Getting Britain back on the road to progress
- Highways maintenance: Road repairs keep on rolling
- Energy: Crunch time for UK nuclear
- Water: A steady flow of water work
- Thames Tunnel: Keeping sewage from the Thames
- Canals: Funding freedoms for canals
Click the image below to download a pdf of the full report.