The government-backed infrastructure innovation platform i3P is throwing its weight behind the New Civil Engineer Festival of Innovation and Technology (AKA TechFest).
Co-chaired by HS2 and Heathrow bosses Mark Thurston and Phil Wilbraham, i3P (or the Infrastructure Industry Innovation Platform to give it its full name) has just been announced as TechFest’s event partner.
New Civil Engineer’s TechFest is now entering its fifth year and is a well-established event for infrastructure professionals with a hunger for innovation.
Through our collaboration i3P will be ensuring that the event is packed full of clients and tier 1 consultants and contractors through a range of exciting things that we are going to be doing. These include:
- I3P co-chairs Mark Thurston and Phil Wilbraham (collectively bosses of the two biggest infrastructure projects out there in HS2 and Heathrow) giving keynotes where they will launch i3P’s priority action areas – these will be the areas where they will spend their money on supporting innovative trials/concepts and so will be must-hear stuff for companies wanting a slice of i3P’s innovation cash.
- An all new Reverse-Spark where clients will pitch to a panel of SMEs how they are best at enabling innovation – an interactive session where the audience can really put the tough questions to clients in a constructive way
- Bosses from i3P member companies will judge many of the Live Pitched categories of the TechFest Awards – meaning those entering really are getting in front of the big clients and contractors – obviously that’s a cool additional reason to get people to enter!
- I3P will hold its quarterly strategy group board meeting at the event – meaning that the CEOs/MDs of many major clients and contractors will be in the room
- I3P will also work with us to re-run the hugely popular Accelerator competition where we find a real, live trial site for the best SME/start-up to trial their tech
Like what you’ve read? To receive New Civil Engineer’s daily and weekly newsletters click here.