Crossrail today announced its intention to award the remaining set of contracts for detailed design work.
These five awards conclude the competitions for the design of Crossrail under the framework agreement phase announced in December 2008.
The contracts in this set are as follows:
- Package C102 Material & workmanship specifications: Mott MacDonald
- Package C131 Paddington Integrated Programme: Mott MacDonald
- Package C146 Custom House station: Atkins
- Package C160 Rolling stock and depots: Mott MacDonald
- Package C170 Communications & control systems: Parsons Brinckerhoff
A list of all 24 contracts and the companies to which they have been awarded is shown below.
Crossrail chief executive Rob Holden said: “These five contracts, including the design of the remaining new station at Custom House and of the rolling stock, complete the procurement of design work for Crossrail and herald the start of an exciting year ahead for the project.
“These five contracts herald the start of an exciting year ahead for the project.”
Rob Holden, Crossrail
“We are all looking forward to the start of full construction across the route and we now have a world class team of design consultants and architects in place who will help deliver this magnificent railway.”
Preparatory work on the tunnel entrance at Royal Oak in West London will start this month. By the end of 2010 construction at all new central section stations, tunnel portals and shafts will also have begun.
The 24 design contracts in full:
- Package C100 − Architectural component design − Atkins
- Package C102 − Material & workmanship specifications − Mott MacDonald
- Package C121 − Sprayed concrete lining − Mott MacDonald
- Package C122 − Bored tunnels − Ove Arup & Partners International Ltd
- Package C123 − Intermediate shafts − Jacobs
- Package C124 − Tunnels and shafts aerodynamics and ventilation − Mott MacDonald
- Package C125 − M&E in tunnels − Mott MacDonald
- Package C130 − Paddington station − Scott Wilson
- Package C131 − Paddington Integrated Programme − Mott MacDonald
- Package C132 − Bond Street station − WSP
- Package C134 − Tottenham Court Road station − Ove Arup & Partners International Ltd
- Package C136 − Farringdon station − Scott Wilson
- Package C138 − Liverpool Street station − Mott MacDonald
- Package C140 − Whitechapel station – Hyder
- Package C146 − Custom House station – Atkins
- Package C150 − Royal Oak portal − Capita Symonds Ltd
- Package C152 − Pudding Mill Lane portal − Scott Wilson
- Package C154 − Victoria Dock portal − Hyder
- Package C156 − North Woolwich and Plumstead portals − Capita Symonds
- Package C160 − Rolling stock and depot − Mott MacDonald
- Package C162 − Signalling, traction power OHLE and platform screen doors − Mott MacDonald
- Package C164 − Bulk power distribution & HV power − Scott Wilson
- Package C170 − Communications & control systems − Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Package C175 − Tunnelling Academy design − Capita Symonds