Crossrail has gone out to tender for the £35M Custom House station construction contract.
Custom House station is the only surface station on the project’s central section. The station is one stop from Canary Wharf, lies to the north of the Royal Victoria Dock, and is at the junction of Victoria Dock Road and Freemasons Road.
The station will welcome regional and international visitors to London’s largest conference centre ExCeL, and create a transport interchange with the Docklands Light Railway.
The station is a composite structure and the contract involves:
- installation of a piling mat and piles,
- construction of in situ pilecaps and walls,
- installation of both precast concrete and steel columns and beams to the main station structure,
- construction of the concrete entrance structure,
- construction of the last section of the new ExCel connection as a steel column and beam structure,
- installation of precast, post-tensioned concrete beams to form the footbridge connection across Victoria Dock Road,
- installation of the ExCel footbridge connection over the DLR and installation of the ETFE roof structure over the erected station structure.