The High Court has adjourned a hearing into construction industry “blacklisting”, after new evidence came to light.
Unite union’s director of legal services Howard Beckett said that the hearing has been adjourned by Lord Justice Supperstone until Tuesday 7 June.
Beckett said: “The reason for the application was that the four claimant teams have now become one which meant that it was impractical for the trial, estimated to take 11 weeks, to start on Monday 9 May.
“In addition, some late disclosure has come in from the Information Commissioner’s Office and this evidence needs to be considered and evaluated by our legal team.”
Unite is representing around 90 construction workers who say they were affected.
The GMB, UCATT and GCR unions settled their outstanding claims at the end of last month.
Eight contractors issued a “full and unreserved apology” for their work with the notorious Consulting Association last October. These were Balfour Beatty, Carillion, Costain, Kier, Laing O’Rourke, Sir Robert McAlpine, Skanska UK and Vinci. They have since formed the Construction Worker Compensation Scheme. New Civil Engineer has contacted them for comment on the delay.