John Laing Infrastructure Fund (JLIF) has announced plans to raise £155M to invest in infrastructure projects including schools, hospitals and roads.
JLIF — the investment arm of developer John Laing — announced that it plans to raise the money by issuing up to 148M new shares at an issue price of 105p per new share.
The proceeds will be used to acquire a new portfolio of nine operational PFI/PPP infrastructure projects and increase an existing stake in the Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre in Canada, the fund said.
The money will also go towards reducing debt.
The portfolio of future planned infrastructure acquisitions includes:
- Edinburgh Schools, Scotland
- Enfield Schools, England
- Highland Schools, England
- London Underground Connect (CityLink, England)
- M6 road, Scotland
- Newcastle Hospitals, England
- Newham Schools, England
- North East Fire and Rescue, England
- North Swindon Schools, England