The ICE is seeking nominations for people and projects for its 2015 Awards, which recognise outstanding civil engineering achievements, contributions to the profession, and services to the Institution.
There are six categories made up of individual awards and project based awards Individual awards
- Gold Medal - The ICE’s premier award is awarded to a civil engineer who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry over many years.
- International Medal - Awarded to a civil engineer who has made significant contribution to civil engineering outside the UK, or a non UK citizen engineer who has made significant contribution in the UK.
- Garth Watson Medal - awarded for long, dedicated and valuable service to the Institution by a member or member of staff. Last year the medal was awarded to Mike Chrimes for his expertise and long-standing service to ICE members and staff.
- Warren Medal - awarded to a member of the Institution in recognition of valuable service rendered to his or her region or branch. Steven JS Morgan won the medal in 2014 for 30 years of service to ICE activities within Staffordshire and the West Midlands, and for forging successful links with other institutions.
Project based awards
- Edmund Hambly Medal - awarded for a sustainable engineering project that makes a contribution to the wellbeing of mankind and the environment. The Nepalese-based Rural Access Programme walked away with the prize last year for its work to develop rural transport infrastructure.
- Brunel Medal - awarded for valuable service or achievement by any person, team or organisation on a civil engineering project. The 2014 medal was awarded to Network Rail’s Dawlish reconstruction team for its rapid response to fixing Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s rail connection to the West Country.
- The closing date for submissions is 5.30pm on Friday 17 April. The winners are selected by the ICE Awards Committee in May and will be officially announced at the ICE annual awards ceremony on 7 October.
- For more information go to www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-and-Awards/Prizes-that-promote-the-Institution-and-the-civil-engineering-profession or contact firstname.lastname@example.org