Judges have unveiled the shortlist for this year’s Historic Bridges & Infrastructure Awards, which celebrate best practice and innovation in restoration projects.
They will be looking for projects that exhibit quality workmanship, economy, use good engineering judgment and “take that extra bit of time to consider the scheme”.
The annual competition is sponsored by British Waterways, English Heritage, and Network Rail, with support from NCE.
The award usually takes place in November but this year was delayed until funding could be secured. Winners will be announced on 31 March by ICE President Peter Hansford.
- Stanley Dock Bascule Bridge, Liverpool
- Hellesdon Bridge, Norwich Bideford, Longbridge
- Droitwich Barge
- Canal Lock Spa Footbridge, Scarborough
- Wilford Suspension Footbridge, Nottingham
- Barnes Railway Bridge Vale Royal Locks, Northwich
- Borwick Bridge, Carnforth
- Stones House Bridge, Rochdale
- Canal West Yorkshire
- Bridge 49, South Stratford, Warwickshire