Halcrow has released archive films chronicling its work on major projects including the Victoria Line, the Channel Tunnel, and three major ports in the Gulf states in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
The 16mm films were unearthed last year from the basement of Halcrow’s old home at Vineyard House in London’s Hammersmith, when the company moved to its new corporate headquarters.
The films can be viewed in full at Halcrow’s website, or see below for a preview of the Victoria Line film.
- London Underground Victoria line at Oxford Circus
- Site investigation for the Channel Tunnel
- Port Rashid
- Jebel Ali Port
- Queen Elizabeth II inaugurates Port of Jebel Ali
- Port of Jeddah
- Royal Sovereign Shoal near Eastbourne
- Orange Fish Tunnel, South Africa