Finalists for the 2014 Graduate Awards include a fantastic gender-balanced mix of the brightest civil engineers new to the industry.
John Donaghy (Aecom), Mike Frazer (Amey), Richard Lebon (Mott MacDonald), Sophie McPhillips (Atkins), Camilla Nicholson (Atkins) and Monica Steele (Amey) have been chosen to go through to the next round.
They will each give a presentation to a panel of judges from the civil engineering industry’s leading organisations.
Chaired by NCE editor Mark Hansford, the judging panel will meet with the finalists on 14 November at One Great George Street in London to choose the winner and runners up who will share the cash prize of £4,000.
Returning judge Heathrow Airport portfolio director Phil Wilbraham said: “My experience of judging the awards has always been that the quality of the graduates is exceptional and the amount they have achieved in a short time is always breath-taking – for me the judging day is always inspirational.”
Full list of judges representing the Awards’ sponsors:
- NCE editor Mark Hansford
- Topcon positioning instruments division business manager David Bennett
- Aecom director of geotechnical engineering Peter Boyd
- Laing O’Rourke engineering excellence group director Gavin Davies
- Mott MacDonald transportation managing director Chris Davies
- Balfour Beatty managing director (living places) Amanda Fisher
- Ramboll director Pat Jansen
- ICE director of membership David Lloyd-Roach
- Mace chief executive Mark Reynolds
- TfL director of asset management Dana Skelley
- Parsons Brinckerhoff director, marketing & communications, Europe Rachel Skinner
- MWH director of strategy David Smith
- Amey head of consulting David Spencer
- J Murphy & Sons chief executive officer John Stack
- Atkins water and environment managing director Neil Thomas
- Arup director John Turzynski
- Heathrow Airport portfolio director Phil Wilbraham