Mott MacDonald chairman Keith Howell and Laing O’Rourke chief executive and chairman Ray O’Rourke are amongst the top industry figures named on the government’s Industrial Strategy council, announced today.
Construction minister Michael Fallon announced the eighteen member advisory council which will oversee the government’s industry strategy.
Led by ICE Past President Peter Hansford, the new strategy will be announced in the summer.
“I look forward to working with them over the next six months to create a long-term strategy for our industry and to chart the way forward for construction in the UK,” said Hansford.
The issues the strategy is expected to cover include growth and innovation; supply chain; SME engagement; skills; access to finance and overseas trade. It will build on, but not duplicate, the work of the Green Construction Board, the Infrastructure UK Cost Review, and the Government Construction Board.
Members of the Construction Industrial Strategy Advisory Council are:
• Peter Hansford (Chair) - Chief Construction Adviser, UK Government
• Denise Bower - Professor in Engineering Project Management, University of Leeds
• Mark Clare - Group Chief Executive, Barratt Developments
• Geoff Cooper - Chief Executive, Travis Perkins
• Keith Howells – Chairman, Mott MacDonald
• Chris Kane – Director, Greendale Construction
• Simon Kirby - Managing Director, Infrastructure Projects Network Rail
• Kevin Louch - Managing Director, Stanford Industrial Concrete Flooring
• Robert Mair – Professor and Head of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cambridge
• Chris Newsome - Director of Asset Management, Anglian Water
• Ray O’Rourke - Chief Executive and Chairman, Laing O’Rourke
• David Pinder - Chief Executive, BDR Thermea
• Neil Sachdev - Property Director, Sainsbury’s
• Paul Sheffield - Chief Executive, Kier Group
• James Stewart - Chairman of Global Infrastructure, KPMG
• Jack Pringle - Principal, Managing Director, Pringle Brandon Perkins + Will
• Mike Putnam - CEO and President, Skanska UK
• Mark Wakeford - Managing Director, Stepnell