A dedicated BIM group for rail clients, consultants and contractors has been set up as an offshoot of the government-backed BIM Task Group
BIM4RailUK boasts a management committee made of up representatives from London Underground, London Overground, Network Rail, Tube Lines, Crossrail and High Speed 2.
The group aims to advance the use of Building Information Modelling within the rail sector and is calling on other rail clients and suppliers to get involved by joining the group on the business networking site LinkedIn.
The group has agreed the following goals:
- Develop a vision for the future of Information Modelling within the rail industry.
- Promote the use of Information Models for operational and maintenance activities.
- Develop guidance and best practice for the management and maintenance of Information Models.
- Identify and address Information Modelling issues common across the rail industry.
- Collectively represent the rail industry when collaborating with government, industry bodies and commercial organisations, on matters relating to information modelling.