The proposed new rules would be:
1. All members shall discharge their professional duties with integrity and shall not undertake work that they are not competent to do.
2. All members shall have full regard for the public interest, particularly in relation to matters of health and safety, and in relation to the wellbeing of future generations.
3. All members shall show due regard for the environment and for the sustainable management of natural resources.
4. All members shall update and broaden their professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis and shall give all reasonable assistance to further the education, training and continuing professional development of other members and prospective members of the profession.
5. All members shall notify the Institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a company director.