The ICE is making a final call for abstract submissions for the eighth prestigious ICE Coastal Management Conference, to be held in the Netherlands in September 2015.
Potential authors are invited to submit abstracts on top international coastal projects offering practical learning and innovative and integrated solutions that encourage new ways of understanding and managing our coasts.
Papers are particularly welcomed on the following themes:
- changing society, changing coast
- integrating coastal science engineering and planning
- coastal development and adaptation
- our ability to change the coast
- emerging requirements challenges and solutions
- learning from the past to apply to the future and
- understanding change and dealing with uncertainty.
Abstract papers can be submitted until 31 July 2014 via ice-coastalmanagement.com. In September, the coastal management organising committee, led by Environment Agency deputy director, flood and coastal risk management, Alison Baptise, will invite full paper submissions from successful authors.
The rigorously reviewed final selection of papers will then be presented at the conference in September 2015.
The ICE has held the conference series for over 30 years, bringing together engineers, scientists and coastal managers from around the word to discuss challenges in the field. It is an opportunity to showcase the latest thinking, techniques, innovations and case studies in a high profile forum renowned for stimulating discussion and knowledge transfer.
- For information on abstract submission, go to ice.coastalmanagement.com or contact the ICE events team at 020 7665 2226 and firstname.lastname@example.org