Frequently asked questions
Taking out a subscription
I would like to take out a subscription. Where can I find out more information?
Subscription information can be found on our website and you can subscribe directly through the website by credit or debit card, or by Direct Debit. If you need any assistance or any more information, please contact our Subscriptions Hotline or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
Are my credit card details secure if I subscribe online?
Yes. All the information you provide is encrypted using the industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
What’s the benefit of paying by Direct Debit?
Direct debit is a continuous payment method available in the UK which means that you do not need to remember to renew your subscription each year. You will be in complete control of your subscription and can often spread the cost over the year.
My company needs an invoice to pay for the subscription. How can I get one?
We can arrange to send you an invoice. Please contact our Subscriptions Hotline or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
Can I pay in a currency other than £ Sterling?
We accept cheque payments in most currencies. If you are paying by credit card, your payment will be processed in UK £ Sterling at a recent rate of exchange which may therefore be different to the £ Sterling published price.
Will you acknowledge receipt of my order?
If you place your order online, an email will be sent to you after you place your order. This will confirm the details of the address to which the issues will be sent, together with details of when your subscription will start and end. If you place your order over the phone or by post, we will write to you within a few days of receipt of your order, advising you of your 10 digit subscriber number, when your subscription will start and end, and the address to which the issues will be sent.
Can I order more than one subscription?
Yes, and we offer heavily discounted prices for group and corporate subscriptions with many exclusive benefits not available to individual subscribers. Please contact the corporate subscriptions manager for details:
t: +44 (0)203 953 2948
What do you do with my personal information?
Managing your Subscription
How do I renew my subscription?
We will contact you before the expiry date of your subscription to ensure that your renewal is taken out in good time, so that you don’t miss out on any news or information from us. If you wish to renew at any other time, please call us on +44 (0)1604 828705. You will need to have your 10-digit subscriber number to access your account, as this is used to identify both you and your subscription.
What is my subscriber number?
It is a 10 digit number which can be found on any email or written correspondence that we have sent you, or on the wrapper or label on your subscription copy. If you cannot find it, please contact our Subscriptions Hotline or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
When does my current subscription expire?
You can check your subscription details online by logging in here. You will need to have your 10-digit subscriber number to access your account. Alternatively, please contact our Subscriptions Hotline or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
How do I change my address?
You can notify us of your change your address by contacting our Customer Services team or calling +44 (0)1604 828705.
What do I do if an issue doesn’t arrive or arrives damaged?
Contact our Subscriptions Hotline and we will check your address details and arrange for a replacement copy to be sent to you. Please claim within three months of publication date if you are in the UK, and six months if you are based overseas.
Can I cancel my subscription?
We hope you are delighted with your subscription. However, if you are dissatisfied in any way within the first 30 days of your subscription, please contact our Subscriptions Hotline or call +44 (0)1604 828705, and we will refund the cost of any un-mailed issues.
How do I access subscriber only content?
Subscribers have full access to all content on the New Civil Engineer website. You will need to sign in using your email address and password. Just go to www.newcivilengineer.com/sign-in and follow the instructions. If you need any help, please contact our Subscriptions Hotline.
Why do I need to activate my account, and how do I do it?
Some of our existing subscribers will need to activate their online access. Firstly, if you haven’t already, you will need to register on the website. You can do this here. Once you have registered, you can activate your account by entering your subscription number. If you cannot find it, please contact our Subscriptions Hotline or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
I am having problems accessing subscriber-only content on the website.
If you are unable to access subscriber-only content, we suggest you try the following:
- Firstly, check that you are the named subscriber of the magazine. If you are not and wish for the login details to be changed to your email address, please arrange for the named subscriber to contact us directly with their subscription number.
- Refresh your account by logging in and out again. This should ensure that your subscription details are up to date.
- Check if your subscription has lapsed. In order to check your status, please log out and log back in again, and go to your My Account page, which will show your subscription status.
- Check that the email address that you have registered on the website is the same as the one you used for your paid-for subscription.
- Check that your surname is entered exactly as it appears on the wrapper/label on your magazine subscription copy.
If you are still having problems, please contact our Customer Services team or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
When signing in, you will find a ‘forgotten password’ link under the password box. Click on this and then fill in the email address you used when registering on the site. We will then email your password to you within a few minutes. If you are still having problems, please contact our Customer Services team or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
Can I change the email address and the password I use to access the website?
Yes. Please log in with your current details, and change your email address within Account Settings. Please contact our Customer Services team or call +44 (0)1604 828705 if you have any problems.
I am a registered user, how do I gain access to subscriber-only content?
Full subscribers benefit from full access to the website, plus delivery of a printed magazine, access to email newsletters and the New Civil Engineer app. To get immediate access to all this, click here to subscribe.
Why do I need cookies enabled?
I signed up to receive your free e-newsletters, but I am not receiving them.
Please check you have provided us with your correct email address. To check which email address you are registered with, sign in to your account and go to Account Settings. If your details here are correct, we suggest you check your mailbox settings to see if the newsletters are being delivered into ‘junk’ mail folders, or if your mailbox is full. To avoid the newsletters being treated as spam, it may help to add the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book 'safe senders' list. Please see below for instructions on how to add New Civil Engineer to this list. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact your email service provider.
How do I unsubscribe from your email newsletters?
Sign in to the website, click on My Account and then go to My Newsletters. Here you will be able to personalise the daily and weekly emails you receive from New Civil Engineer. If this does not enable to you to unsubscribe, please contact our Customer Services team.
My company has multiple subscriptions, but only one person can log into the website. How can I set up access for all individual subscribers?
If you have a multiple copy subscription, you will be entitled to have the same number of website users as you have magazine subscriptions. However we may need to manually set up access for each individual user for you. If so, please contact our Customer Services team.
One option is to simply add news@newcivilengineer as a contact in your email address book. For further advice for different email providers see below.
- In the Tools menu, click 'Options'.
- On the Preferences tab, click 'Junk E-mail'.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click 'Add'.
- In the 'Add address', put in our email address.
- Click 'OK'.
- In the top-right hand corner, click 'Options', then 'More Options...'
- Under 'Preventing Junk Mail', click 'Safe and 'Blocked Senders'
- Click 'Safe Senders'
- Insert our From address and click 'Add to list'
- In the top-right hand corner, click 'Options', then 'More Options...'
- In tht left-hand menu, select 'Filters'
- Click 'Add Filter'
- Give the filter a name, then in the 'Sender' box, insert our From address
- From the 'Move to folder' dropdown menu, select 'Inbox'
- Click 'Save changes'
- Open any email from New Civil Engineer.
- At the top right, open the downward facing arrow and click 'add New Civil Engineer' to Contacts list
- Ensure you see New Civil Engineer emails as soon as possible: highlight any New Civil Engineer email, drag and drop it into your Primary inbox tab.
- When asked "Do this for future messages from email@example.com?", click 'Yes'.
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the 'Address Book' window to pop up, then click the 'Add' button.
- Wait for the 'Address Card for New Contact' window to load.
- Paste our From address into the "Other E-Mail" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.