The House of Commons Transport Committee is launching an inquiry into how the Olympics will impact on the road network and public transport.
Written evidence is being accepted until 27 February and this may be followed by oral evidence in March. The Olympics Delivery Authority (ODA) published the latest edition of its Transport Plan in June last year.
Areas the committee will focus on:
- The impact on the road network resulting from Games Lanes and the Olympic Route Network (ORN)
- Measures taken to manage travel demand during the Games
- The impact on public transport, including aviation, of increased demand during the Games
- The effects of travel disruption for businesses and services
- Delivery of a transport legacy following the Games