Entries are invited for the 2009 British Construction Industry Awards, the UK’s top accolades for overall excellence in building and civil engineering projects.
Awards will be made in 14 categories, including the highly prestigious Prime Minister’s Better Public Building Award. Clients, architects, engineers, contractors and others are invited to put forward their projects whether large or small or from the public or private sector.
The BCI Awards attract around 200 entries each year representing the best buildings and civil engineering projects throughout the UK ranging in size from very small to major.
BCI Awards are made both in project categories by size and also special subject categories for projects of a particular type irrespective of size. Each entry may be nominated for one or more categories.
- Small Building Project
- Small Civil Engineering Project
- Building Project
- Civil Engineering Project
- Major Project sponsored by Arup
- International Project
- Best Practice Award
- Local Authority Award
- Environmental Award sponsored by Atkins
- Regeneration Award sponsored by Gifford
- Conservation Award
- Judges ‘Special’ Award sponsored by Mott MacDonald
- The Prime Minister’s Better Public Building Award sponsored by CABE, OGC and BERR
The results will be announced at the Gala Awards Dinner at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Wednesday 14 October 2009. Full details and entry forms are available for download from www.bciawards.org.uk. Closing date for entries is Thursday 16 April 2009.