Willmott Dixon director Jonathon Porritt has invested in six renewable energy schemes in Devon.
The projects in Totnes involve a mixture of hydro and solar power generation.
Totnes Renewable Energy Society, which is developing the schemes, is now seeking further investors to raise another £1.5M to get the projects up and running.
The schemes are:
- The installation of over 70 solar panels on the roofs of South Devon Rural Housing Association properties.
- Solar panels on the roof of Torquay Museum.
- Solar panels on the roof of a barn at Hatchlands Farm.
- Two hydro power systems on the River Dart at Totnes Weir and Staverton Leat.
- A hydro power unit on the River Teign at Chudleigh which is already successfully in operation.
Porrit, a high-profile campaigner on environmental issues, was also chair of the the Sustainable Development Commission set up by then prime minister, Tony Blair, from 2000 to 2009.