Crossrail has called for bids for the £70M C360 contract, for the construction of intermediate shafts at Eleanor Street and Mile End Park.
The shafts will provide Crossrail with access for ventilation, maintenance intervention, emergency egress and emergency services access. The work is expected to take 48 months.
A travellers camp, a “laundry building”, a sports pitch and a coach park must be relocated as part of the enabling works for the shafts.
The scope of the contract is expected to include:
- Construction of the shaft at Eleanor Street (16.4m internal diameter, approximately 36m in depth)
- Construction of the shaft at Mile End Park (10m internal diameter, approximately 29m in depth)
- Connecting adits between the shafts and the running tunnels
- Construction of a head house above each shaft, and installation and commissioning of mechanical, electrical and piped services associated with them
- Temporary works design including control of ground movement