Crossrail has issued the tender notice for the refurbishment of the Connaught Tunnel, which runs beneath the Albert Docks in East London.
The contract, number 315, will be to refurbish and expand the tunnel and is expected to take 50 months.
Six work streams have been identified within the contract:
- To refurbish the Connaught Tunnel - the brick and steel-lined tunnels will be re-excavated and enlarged over 105m
- Cleaning, repairs and installation of water control measure to existing brick single arch tunnels over 445m
- A new western approach structure must be constructed, to include repairs to retaining walls over 295m
- Similarly, a new eastern approach structure must be built, also to include repairs to retaining walls over a length 270m
- New surface rail between Custom House Station and Connaught Tunnel
- New surface rail between Connaught Tunnel and North Woolwich Portal
No value has yet been attached to the job, and interested parties must register their interest by 5 July.