Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Carillion and WSP land £85M contract

Joint venture partners Carillion and WSP have been awarded a five year £85M Managing Agent Contractor Contract (MAC) for the Highways Agency for area 8.

The 'Area 8' MAC covers the strategic road networks crossing Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire and the unitary authority regions of Milton Keynes and Luton. The strategic roads in Northamptonshire will migrate to Area 7 in June 2009.


The contract which is due to start in September 2008 will run until September 2013, with the potential for two one year extensions through until 2015.


WSP has a 40% stake in the joint venture, with Carillion holding the remaining 60%


WSP Chief Executive, Chris Cole, said: "We look forward to continuing to work with Carillion to deliver economic, technical and sustainable innovations to support the Highways Agency in achieving its mission of 'Safe roads, Reliable journeys and Informed travellers'. This award in the UK complements our growing international transport and infrastructure activities."

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Please note comments made online may also be published in the print edition of New Civil Engineer. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.