Managing director of Capita Symonds, Jonathan Goring said: "2007 was another strong year for Capita Symonds as we further consolidated our position through sustained growth. The last 12 months has seen us restructuring and focussing on key parts of our business. For example, we brought together our architecture practices under a single brand - Capita Architecture - and our regions business – focused on strategic partnership with local authorities – is consistently being shortlisted for local government contracts.
"Once again, we are well placed to continue our year-on-year growth with a strong pipeline of new opportunities across a wide range of sectors including work with the regional development agencies and English Partnerships to create sustainable communities. We offer a more diverse range of services and projects than any other UK consultancy, and firmly believe that our successful people, projects and performance will continue to make a real difference across the UK."
Key in Capita Symonds' performance are:
▪ Southampton City Council: Ten-year strategic partnership contract with Southampton City Council, valued at approximately £290M. Capita Symondsprovides valuation and estates, architecture, M&E and cost and project management;
▪ Swindon Borough Council: Preferred bidder for a ten-year incremental strategic partnership with Swindon Borough Council, worth approximately £140M. Capita Symonds provides architecture, quantity surveying, building surveying, mechanical and electrical and civil engineering, health & safety, and facilities management;
▪ Network Rail: Capita Symonds' Rail team secured a four-year position on a UK-wide professional services framework for Network Rail in no less than 15 categories. The team has also been selected by Network Rail as one of three professional practices that will provide commercial management services on the £5.5bn Thameslink programme;
▪ Holmesdale Tunnel: Capita Symonds was principal designer on the successfully completed £75m M25 Junction 25 Improvement and Holmesdale Tunnel refurbishment scheme which is used by more than 120,000 vehicles a day;
▪ Ebbw Valley Railway: Capita Symonds project managed the £30M South Wales rail scheme which provides a regular train service between the former mining community of Ebbw Vale and Cardiff, the Welsh capital;
▪ Nottinghamshire BSF: Part of the 'inspiredspaces' consortium recently selected as preferred bidder for Nottingham City Council’s £208m Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme. Capita Symonds is providing partnering, educational and building design services on the projects, with its design division Capita Architecture providing architectural services.