Established in 1959, Lovejoy has offices in London and Birmingham, employing 60 planners, landscape architects and urban designers. Previous work includes Disneyland Paris, Royal Ascot Racecourse, Sheldon Square Paddington, the Canary Riverside Four Seasons Hotel and residential development at London’s Canary Wharf, Port Marine at Portishead in Bristol, and Bede Island and the City Living Quarter in Leicester.
Capita Symonds executive director John Southgate said: "We are delighted to welcome Lovejoy to Capita Symonds. Lovejoy is a highly respected practice with a diverse portfolio and a wide range of clients. This acquisition brings us over 60 highly creative new members of staff, led by a team of talented directors that are undoubted experts in their field."
"Capita Symonds is constantly evolving and this acquisition emphasises our commitment to developing key parts of our business by bringing market-leading companies under the Capita Symonds wing, allowing them to continue to grow and develop with the benefit of our sound financial, business and strategic skills."
David Blackwood Murray, Director, Lovejoy, said: "Our project portfolio embraces a rich and varied range of award-winning work and we regularly apply our planning, environmental, urban and landscape design expertise to complex and high profile work worldwide.
"We are delighted to be joining Capita Symonds. We already have numerous mutual clients and this deal is the perfect fit – enabling us to supplement its impressive and diverse capabilities with a dedicated team of highly skilled masterplanners, landscape architects and urban designers."
Current Lovejoy projects include:
- Arecleoch Windfarm, Scotland: Lead consultants for the preparation and production of the Environmental Statement (ES) and EIA, and design development of the windfarm layout comprising 60 135m-high turbines;
- Project Allenby Connaught: Lovejoy is acting on all landscape matters as part of a multidisciplinary team for Aspire Defence through a £8bn Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Contract, as recommended during the Strategic Defence Review and subsequent Government White Paper to modernise Britain's Armed Forces;
- Park City, Moscow: A 15 hectare mixed-use development on the Russian capital’s riverfront featuring over 1600 luxury apartments, 85,000 sq m of office space 55,000 sq m of retail and leisure space, including a series of new public plazas, a central park and riverside gardens;
- Minthis Hills, Cyprus: A 485 hectare country estate located in the rolling hills near Tsada for 600 luxury villas, an 18-hole championship golf course and associated restaurants, club and spa facilities;
- Stanton Cross, Wellingborough: Planning application and detailed landscape and public realm proposals for the 300 hectare mixed use development east of Wellingborough comprising 3,000 homes and over 100 hectares of B1, B2, and B8 use development;
- West Southall: An 83 acre masterplan, detailed landscape and public realm proposals for the mixed-use redevelopment of the former Southall Gas Works in London.