Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Call for in-house flood experts

Every county council and unitary authority in England and Wales will have to hire senior flood management engineers
According to recommendations in Sir Michael Pitt's final report into last summer's floods. Speaking last month at an environment select committee meeting, Pitt confirmed that his final report, due this summer, will recommend that in-house experts be employed to enable councils to lead on the management of surface water flooding and drainage. "Local authorities have been quite seriously denuded of experts," he said.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Please note comments made online may also be published in the print edition of New Civil Engineer. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.