The High Speed 2 rail line delivery body, HS2 Ltd, has released the shortlisted contractors for its two London stations.
London Euston: contract value £1.65bn
- Costain / Skanska Construction UK
- Mace / Dragados
- Bam Nuttall / Ferrovial Agroman (UK)
- Canary Wharf Contractors /MTR Corporation (UK) /Laing O’Rourke Construction
Old Oak Common: contract value £1.3bn
- Balfour Beatty / Vinci Construction UK /Vinci Construction Grands Projets SAS/Systra
- Mace Limited/Dragados
- Bechtel Limited
- BAM Nuttall / Ferrovial Agroman (UK)
HS2 Ltd said the construction partners would work together with the station designers as a management contractor and would be responsible for procuring, integrating and managing the supply chains. The station designers were also announced today, with Arup and WSP winning the £70M deals.
It is estimated that the contracts will support around 4,000 jobs during construction, with around 700 during operation.
Contracts are expected to be awarded in the Autumn with contracts for the construction of the two Birmingham stations following later in the year.